The Brand New, Used Travel Trailer

It all began one sunny day in a K-Mart parking lot. My buddy met me with the camper because there was no way in hell my rookie towing skills would have gotten it out of his driveway. He gave me the run down and I began the 375 mile drive on vintage trailer tires, zero towing experience and a very long curvy mountain road ahead of me. Needless to say getting the vintage camper home went just fine. Gave it a wash, some paint and recovered the “vintage” cushions and took the trailer camping the next weekend. Loved it.

1. marilyn runnels says:

what did the orginal cushion covers look like my “new” free camper looks just like yours but does not have bunk beds in the back I want to put baby moon hub caps on mine we are dealing with some ceiling water damage but it was free I love it ours is a 12 ft one going to find out what year tommorow thanks on where to find out where to look my stove and sink are turqoise looks so cool

2. Mike b says:

This is great. I just bought a 1966 13ft. Owner painted it. Pretty cool. I will be looking for gtal emblems to attach to camper. Also looking for a stove.

3. Shagpun says:

Nice Mike. I’m not sure if they ever came with emblems of any sort. Most that I’ve seen just have the GTAL logo as a black decal on the top front and top back. Mine’s been painted over several times but I’m going to repaint the decal at some point. As for stoves, I think they’re fairly standard for trailers of that vintage. I believe mine is a “Traveler” or something like that.

4. Lenora Anderson says:

I just bought a 1978 go tag along, does any one no about how much it’s worth it has 4 beds kitchen and bathroom.

• Shagpun says:

Hi Lenora. That’s a tough call. Prices can vary quite a bit depending on location and condition. I’ve seen prices around $800 for the ones that need “some TLC” (probably a lot of TLC actually) and up from there. You might get a better idea by browsing some listings here: http://www.tincantourists.com/classified/. The guy I bought mine from had purchased it from that site. If you have a link to some pics, that might help.

5. Donna Kester says:

I have a 1975 Go Tagalong trailer. The roof vent was damaged by a tree limb. Does anyone know where I could possibly find a replacement? It measures 16×16 from inside of trailer from the outside of rim to rim. It measures 13 3/4 by 13 3/4 on the inside of rim. Not sure which number I should be looking for.

Thanks.

• Tina says:

Donna, you’re looking for a standard 14″ x 14″ vent. Price will also depend on if it’s a non-powered (no electric or fan) or is a powered fan one. Mine was a non-powered simple one and I got a replacement on Ebay for around $30 with shipping. You can also get one at vintagecampers.com.

Sounds like yours is in much better shape than mine…that’s great!

You must be logged in to post a comment.